Frequently Asked Questions
I don't have a PayPal account. How do I checkout?
You don't need to have a PayPal account to use your credit and debit cards via PayPal secure checkout.
Simply ignore the option to log into PayPal and follow the step by step instructions to continue without a PayPal account.
- What if an item gets damaged in the post?
- I don't live in the UK. Can you post an item to me?
- Do you have to deliver to my home address?
- I've seen a cake stand I want to buy but it's sold out. Do you have another one?
- I've seen a vintage mixed china tea set for six people can you make this a tea set for eight people or more?
Yes. If we have suitable pieces in stock we can add more teacups, saucers and tea plates etc. to meet your requirements. We would contact you with the price and then simply amend the final amount to include these additional items.
- Can you make cake stands for my wedding reception?
Yes. Subject to stock availability we can supply a quantity of cake stands and china for your weddings, corporate events and celebrations. We offer a bespoke cake stand and tea set service which means that you can request specific colour matches, styles etc. and we will do our very best to create your perfect cake stand and tea set. Given sufficient notice we can provide a personal shopper service and will source china for any event such as an afternoon tea party or wedding celebration. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- I want to buy a cake stand to send as a present. Can I have it gift boxed?
- How do I purchase a gift voucher?
Please contact us if you wish to purchase a gift voucher.
- Can I have my own plates made into a cake stand?
Yes. We can drill your plates and supply a centre fitting of your choosing.
Prices including a centre fitting: Single Tier £12 : Two Tier £20 : Three Tier £25 : 3 Tier Teacup & Saucer Top £28.
You also need to pay for return postage. Please contact us with your requirements.
- Can I use my three tier cake stand as a two tier cake stand?
A 3 tier cake stand...
can also be used as a 2 tier cake stand...
or as a single stand.
Our cake stands are easy to re-assemble to suit your occasion.
One cake stand and 3 ways to use.
- I have read that tiered cake stands should not be carried by the handle. Is it safe to do so?
Yes. The metal centre fittings provided with our cake stands are very strong. As long as you have screwed the fitting together correctly there is no reason why you cannot carry the cake stand by the handle. We recommend that you carry your cake stand with one hand on the handle and one hand under the base plate. The only time a cake stand plate or teacup top could break is if the fittings were over-tightened.
- What are cookies?
- Why do you recommend mozilla firefox?
Our website is best viewed with mozilla firefox (or google chrome, apple safari etc). Some pages, including images and text may not display correctly when using Internet Explorer. You can download a version here - Mozilla Firefox.
To make sure that you are viewing all of our new stock and images correctly please refresh the category pages when you return to visit this site.
- Will you buy my china?
No. We are sorry but we cannot purchase your china. It is not practical for us to purchase a single tea set or dinner set etc., as we need to see all china to examine it for faults and condition before we make any purchases. We get a lot of requests to purchase items but quite honestly we really are 'busy bees' and don't have the time to meet with potential sellers.
- Can you give me a valuation?
We do not value items. We suggest that you approach a reputable auction house or antiques dealer for a valuation.
A mismatched vintage china tea set created at Cake Stand Heaven